The dental industry, like any other business, depends on consumers, or in this case patients to build a successful practice. Dentists don’t only have to serve and provide professional care to their current customers, but also attract new clients and increase the customer base so they can secure long-term business growth. That’s why dental SEO is crucial to a practices success.
However, healthcare and digital marketing are two different fields that take a lot effort, research, and best practices to reach new patrons. Placing the business among first search engine pages and getting found online requires a quality SEO strategy to get noticed by potential clients. For that reason, here is a simple guide to dental SEO techniques for building a better social media presence.
What Can a Dental Business Expect from SEO?
The SEO (search engine optimization) process is a method of getting more traffic and visitors to your website organically by improving your site’s search engine results page (SERP) rankings. The goal is to enhance business visibility and optimize the online presence of your profiles on popular search engines. Once the correct SEO campaign is set in motion, it will take a few months for your dental organization to be among the first to appear in the SERP anytime someone types keyword(s) or terms related with your dental practice.
SEO can improve your dental business in more ways than one, including:
● Improve Your Online Presence – If you implement the right search terms, known as keywords, visitors will be directed to your website whenever they search for dentistry and dental help.
● Website Optimization – Another key component of dental SEO is website optimization. This practice aims to improve the structure of your website by utilizing relevant keywords that better describe your services. The site will then become more appealing, user-friendly, and able to get a better response and increase your visitors’ retention.
● Improve Domain Authority – Domain authority (DA) is a search engine ranking score that measures the power or a position of your website domain name on search engine result pages. An SEO campaign can improve your DA score and increase the rating of a website to give you the needed competitive advantage
● Attract New Clients – With all SEO techniques mentioned above successfully implemented, visitors will be able to find plenty of useful information on your website. They will see the quality of your dental services firsthand, which will make them book an appointment. On average, the patient remains with a chosen dental practice from 3 to 10 years, so not only can SEO help you attract new clients, but it can also ensure steady growth.
What About ROI?
SEO is more than a trend – it’s a marketing practice that can generate a significant return on investment. In order to increase your ROI, you must carefully plan the marketing campaign and then calculate the costs.
Having said that, your ROI depends on the size of your company and reasonable expectations you have set early on. Look at SEO as a stock market – it has its ups and downs, but ultimately leads to long-term profit. For example, achieving the #1 spot for a given keyword means getting about 33% of all clicks.
So if there are 5,000 searches per month, your website can expect to receive around 1650 visits. Therefore, it’s reasonable to expect a substantial ROI, but keep in mind that it should match the scale of your business.
How Long Does SEO Take to Start Working?
Reaching the top ratings in SERPS is not something that can be done in a day. It can take months (usually 4-6) to notice significant results. Your dental SEO is a campaign that requires a strategic approach to:
● Planning: The first and essential part of SEO is planning the campaign based on deep research, website audit, keywords, and discovery. As soon as this phase is completed, your website optimization can begin.
● Technical SEO Work: The second phase of SEO includes making changes to the site based on the website audit findings. Other SEO activities involved in the process, like building content, link profile, and establishing authority on dental topics might start to pay off in rating improvements. However, it’s important to remember that you need to be patient, as the end goal is a gradual increase in clientele.
● Continuity & Consistency: Although you might see a marked upsurge in prospects, visitors, and ratings, it’s critical to build continuity and consistency in content and technical website optimization. Also, it’s recommended to embrace social media management to increase direct traffic to your website.
● Stability: An SEO campaign will reach stability once the numbers stop increasing and you reach the desired audience and traffic objectives. From there on, the goal shifts to maintaining those numbers instead of increasing them.
Local or National SEO: Which is Better?
When it comes to SEO, there are two basic strategies: local SEO and national SEO. These completely different SEO types are both beneficial and important for your business. Local dental SEO is perfect for businesses that want to attract new local customers, considering that local SEO is focused on driving the website traffic from a specific location and in a local community of your city and state.
On the other hand, national SEO reaches a worldwide audience and drives them to your website by focusing on the industry (“the best dentistry”) or a subject (“find a dentist”), not just your business. Both SEO campaigns are good for a business, but to select the best for your organization, determine the direction in which you want to grow your dental business.
On-site and Off-site SEO: Dental Business Optimization
On-site and off-site SEO represent the SEO work performed on your website and on other platforms to invite more visitors, increase authority, and make your business more visible and easy to find on search engines.
On-site SEO refers to the best user experience, higher rankings, and enhanced website appeal due to the following steps that are essential for a correct optimization of your website:
● The right selection of keywords with high monthly search volumes related to your services.
● The optimization of your website’s structure for a user-friendly experience and easy navigation.
● Custom and unique content creation for establishing authority and authenticity.
● Tracking critical statistics such as traffic and other KPI’s via Google Analytics.
● Adding a sitemap, i.e. a list of all your pages that helps visitors find their way around your website by emphasizing the relevance of your website pages in search engines.
● Improving the site’s loading speed and implementing strong security measures.
Off-site SEO focuses on additional improvements needed for increasing the website authority and helping your website’s SERP rankings such as:
● Building a relevant link profile for your dental business by linking to respectable websites to improve your site’s credibility.
● Using current and up-to-date links for establishing authority and higher rankings.
● Listing your website on directories important for your dental business to ease the search and land among the first search results.
Social Media Integration
Nowadays, it’s vital to maintain an active online presence through social media platforms. Our team can help you grab the attention of your potential online customers by making sure your social channels are active and updated on a regular basis with engaging and current content. This involves managing an array of social media accounts, including YouTube management and optimization for improving the visibility of your business and promoting your website via custom content.
Tracking the Dental SEO Campaign Development
In order to access and adjust our SEO campaign, we have to access your dental website for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The KPIs will show the customer and traffic increase, along with keyword ranking, bounce rate, and the number of pages users visit on your website in a single session.
However, there are more ways than one to track and discover which parts of your campaign are most effective and which ones might require alterations.
● Phone tracking – We can discover what made clients want to find, contact, and use your services through phone tracking.
● Contact form – This is a part of form tracking where we access the location of a client who filled out the form and use it to create strategies for targeting that region.
● Traffic stats – We are able to use several tools for identifying the website’s traffic on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or a yearly basis.
● Ranking reports – We can determine the site’s rankings in search engines and give you a full report, but this routine is optional.
Dental SEO: Choose Effective Digital Marketing Solution
SEO and digital marketing go hand in hand and are proven techniques to increase your website’s traffic, improve user experience, and visitor engagement. It’s an effective way to gradually build the authority, visibility, and credibility of your dental business website in the community or on a national scale.
We live in a digital world where 4 out of 5 clients look for information online through a search engine query, and by investing in a dynamic dental SEO plan, your dental practice may become the first business they see and decide to visit.